live Mocha: Learning other languages is something I have put off many times, I studied French at school (ovre la finetre ?? ferme la bouch ) needs work I know . I studied a bit of Italian at La Universta per Stranieri in Perugia but that was molti anni fa. It was the immersion method where only the language being learnt was spoken and the idea was that at about week four it all started to make sense. To some extent it worked but my sense of the correct grammar was lost in the experience. I never really used it and now most of it is lost. When I saw this site I thought great now I can tidy up all the loose ends, but at this point they do not have Italian I shall have to settle for French I do not have the will power at this stage to tackle a new script such as Mandarin.
If the site stays free it would be a draw card for some people to the library if they do not have their own computer or want to do a half hour class during their lunch break.
Are librarians going the way of endangered animals, up into the ether? Will we be a distant memory? Ancient ones,guardians and guides to ideas big and small who changed their twin sets and pearls for skate boards and mp3s then morphed themselves out of existence? or are we becoming.... Web 2.0 and 2.1 explorations
Monday, January 21, 2008
#41 Bongiorno
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(1)
- ► 04/10 - 04/17 (1)
-
►
2009
(3)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (3)
-
▼
2008
(41)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (1)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (2)
- ► 06/01 - 06/08 (2)
- ► 05/18 - 05/25 (1)
- ► 04/20 - 04/27 (2)
- ► 04/13 - 04/20 (1)
- ► 03/30 - 04/06 (5)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (1)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 02/10 - 02/17 (2)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (1)
- ▼ 01/20 - 01/27 (9)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (12)
-
►
2007
(23)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (1)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (1)
- ► 11/04 - 11/11 (2)
- ► 10/28 - 11/04 (1)
- ► 10/21 - 10/28 (1)
- ► 10/14 - 10/21 (3)
- ► 10/07 - 10/14 (1)
- ► 09/30 - 10/07 (5)
- ► 09/23 - 09/30 (4)
- ► 09/16 - 09/23 (4)
No comments:
Post a Comment